Saturday, March 21, 2020

In the Garden



The hymn "In the Garden" is one of my all time favorites. It is such a wonderful place to pray. My dad loved gardening vegetables, he took great pleasure in planting seeds, caring for them and harvesting the crop. My mom on the other hand used to say, "he told me we were retiring but I have more work canning vegetables then I ever had when I had a job." But she shared in the work with love.

Matthew 13:31-32 says, He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

Our opportunity to garden presents itself everyday and you never
know when that little mustard seed you planted will flourish into a tree. Everyone plays a part in reaching out to our friends, family, neighbors & parishioners. A phone call, an email, a card in the mail, ... plant the seed.

Now that the weather is turning to springtime temperatures, its hard to stay inside. Whether it is to dig in the dirt or just take a walk, smell the air & pray, it's a good use of time. a quote I like says, A lot of troubles can be buried digging in the dirt".

In times of trouble I would grab my trowel and head to the garden. I would vigorously pull weeds and talk to God and he would listen. It calmed me as God spoke his comforting word in my ear,
"This too shall pass"


PLEASE feel free to use the comment section for discussion, your experiences on this topic!!
God Bless Us All

No comments:

Post a Comment

The World of Prayer

 "Step into the world of prayer. Quiet your mind and open your heart. God will whisper his will for you, let Christ comfort, and heal y...