Tuesday, August 21, 2012

CHOICES, Part III: Today, I choose to notice beauty

Living in Central America has it's challenges, but it also is EASY to do certain things. Take gardening for example.  Having a lush beautiful area full of flowers and interesting things is easy. The cute little shotgun style house we live in has a side yard that is just over flowing with some of the most beautiful flowers & plants. 
This Bamboo Palm serves as shade for the porch in the late afternoon. WEST is to it's left as you can see from the shade on the sidewalk. A very slow grower, but when the bamboo trunks need to be trimmed, they are a very useful building material. Growing just in front of it & low to the ground is a beautiful Asperagas Fern, that I like to use in flower arrangements
Most everywhere you go in Belize, if there is a flower arrangement it's done in plastic. It is the tropics and once cut- fresh flowers don't last, but I still like fresh flowers in the house every once in a while. 
Something that still amazes me is the cross germination. Bushes & flowering trees that have multiple colors or different looking flowers on the same plant or leaves that look painted.I think when God made those he was in one of his colorful moods. 
The gardens at my house were put in by the owner and I am so grateful because anytime I'm feeling the least bit ugly (physically or mentally), all I need to do is go inspect the gardens and soon, all is right with the world.







 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The World of Prayer

 "Step into the world of prayer. Quiet your mind and open your heart. God will whisper his will for you, let Christ comfort, and heal y...