Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Choices, Part II

Today, I CHOOSE to be happy. Can you say that, mean it and practice it all day long? I think today I will try. I will start by dressing my face with a smile and tucking one in my heart. A big one. The kind that comes spilling out of your eyes it's so big. Did you ever think about the fact that when you stretch your arms out to hug someone you create a horizontal smile with your arms? It's true! I can't think of a nicer way to enjoy a smile than to be wrapped up in it.

It might be challenging choosing  to be happy.  There will be people and situations that will try to undermine my success. I will have to look at that person who has a growl on their face and try to imagine their inner child playing the part of a lion in the game called ZOO. Maybe the haven't been fed, or don't like the cage they find them self in. Maybe they lost their mate. There could be hundreds of reason they are playing the part of a lion. My smile and cheerful "Good Morning" might not take the growl away, but for a spilt second they will experience a smile. They will see it with their eyes, hear it with their ears and quite possibly feel it in their heart. Is that really possible? I believe so.

When situations try to undermine my choice to be happy, I will look at the positive side and there ALWAYS is one. Sometimes you have to look really hard for it, but when all else fails think of how it could have been worse and then be happy its not worse.

At the end of the day I reflect on my success or places I could improve and whisper a prayer to God thanking him for, .... well just everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The World of Prayer

 "Step into the world of prayer. Quiet your mind and open your heart. God will whisper his will for you, let Christ comfort, and heal y...